About Me

I'm studying hard to be a Librarian, with three casual jobs and two teenage children.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Week 12 and finished!

Social networking could be a great way to introduce library events and to gain feedback from customers/clients/readers (no longer just borrowers) about library services. It could also be a place where regular library visitors with similar interests could meet.

A thought just struck me in this very cautious age: if a public library provides a medium that connects a victim and criminal is that library liable, and what is our legal position in relation to potential harm?

On a lighter note, I would like to join other participants in thanking the Learning 2.0 team for their commitment and support over (especially for me) an extended period of time. It has been a practical and worthwhile journey where I have been capably guided into the world of Web 2.0.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations on finishing the course. I am glad that it was useful.

Ellen (PLS)

Sarah said...

Congratulations for finishing and congratulations to me for actually managing to post a blog. I've managed to sign into my account without a password, not sure how, and so I'm able to leave this message.
It's Week 7 for me this week, so plodding along and getting there.
See you soon.