About Me

I'm studying hard to be a Librarian, with three casual jobs and two teenage children.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Podcasting

The Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County's Library Loft podcasting page is inspirational, where they have enabled viewers to access thirteen podcasts, documenting author visits, local productions and just information. And that's not all! As well as being able to download any of the podcasts, in typical "cover all possible queries" library style, authors' webpages are linked and book titles are listed with links to the catalogue. I would love to see something like that on my public library's website - maybe then my sixteen year old daughter would visit it.

Staff who can't attend training sessions or talks could catch up later with in-house podcasts, but I would imagine they would have to be of high quality or they would be under-utilised.

No comments: