About Me

I'm studying hard to be a Librarian, with three casual jobs and two teenage children.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mashups



I have managed to save it to desktop, now to transfer to my blog.....YES!!! It worked, and Always learning was right, it was very easy to create a calendar, but to create an interactive map would take a lot more time - is there enough time in one day to use all these fantastic tools?

I loved Keir Clarke's Star Viewer, and his Virtual Tourism blog is pretty amazing too. How small the world is when he can join in our blog conversation from (I'm assuming) thousands of miles away.

As many others have said, mashups would be great for local history groups, and also for tourism where we could set up a virtual tour of our town for prospective visitors (I work in a combined library/visitors' centre).

I had great fun embedding links in my post - wouldn't have known I could do this if I hadn't been reading others' blogs but, again, it's the time factor.....so much to do.....

No comments: